Unemployed? We want to help.Get Started
California’s Unemployment Office
The unemployment services offered by the State of California Employment Development Department are administered by the Unemployment Insurance Branch. Principal contact with the state unemployment office is by phone, email, online, or direct mail. You can also visit the local EDD Office for workforce services.
California’s Unemployment Office Contact Information
- 24/7 Direct Contact Automated Telephone System: 1-866-333-4606
The 24/7 system is available in English and Spanish for self-service options like certifying for benefits, getting information on filing a new claim, receiving updates on payment status, and finding America’s Job Center of California locations.
- Toll-free Hotline: Monday through Friday 8 am to 12 pm PST: 1-800-300-5616 (English) or 1-800-326-8937 (Spanish)
When you call the hotline, you can speak directly to a staff member about your various unemployment questions.
- Contact by Mail:
Employment Development Department
P.O. Box 826880
UIPCD, MIC 40
Sacramento, CA 94280-0001
- Unemployment Online/Website: UI Online
- UI Fraud Hotline:
Unemployed? We want to help.
To report UI fraud or file a Fraud report, you will utilize the Ask EDD online webpage.It is important to report any overpayments or suspicion of fraudulent claims to the Benefit Payment Control Unit.
For information on settling reimbursement for overpayments click here.
- Small Business Advocate: SBDVBEAdvocate@edd.ca.gov or 1-916-654-7241.
- General EDD FAQs Page: Click here.
- Workforce Services: 1-916-654-7799 or CalJOBS.