Unemployed? We want to help.Get Started
Michigan Unemployment Office
The Michigan unemployment office, also known as the UIA, is one of the oldest unemployment insurance plans in the nation and has provided millions of Michigan residents with the compensation they need after the difficult transition period between jobs.
Though it has gone through difficult times, including a period where it struggled to keep up with the heavy claims processed during the last recession, it has streamlined these concerns. However, it is one of only a handful of states that offers less than 26 weeks of benefit coverage.
Unemployed? We want to help.
Michigan Unemployment Office Contact Information
- Direct Contact Automated Telephone System: 1-866-500-0017
When you call this number between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, you can learn more about your unemployment, including when to expect payment and other concerns.
- Hearing Assistance: 1-866-366-0004
Those with hearing concerns can call this number to receive specialized help.
- Fax Number: 1-517-636-0427
Feel free to fax unemployment forms or correspondence here, especially if requested to do so by the state or another unemployment agent. Please include your name, social security number, signature, and the filing date on all forms.
- Fraud Hotline: 1-800-822-1122
If you suspect some form of fraud is being performed with your unemployment benefits, call this number to report it or learn more about potential scams, including receiving fraudulent calls from people claiming to represent the UIA.
- MARVIN Toll-Free Hotline: 1-866-638-3993
This automated system was designed by the UIA as a way of checking your unemployment benefits. Anyone in Michigan who is receiving unemployment payments must call MARVIN once every two weeks. It is possible to use a free online version.
- Michigan Unemployment Website: http://www.michigan.gov/uia/
- E-Mail Contact: EmployerLiability@michigan.gov
- Mailing Address: Unemployment Insurance Agency, 3024 W. Grand Blvd., Detroit, MI 48202
- Protest Mailing Address: Unemployment Insurance Agency, P.O. Box 169, Grand Rapids, MI 49501-0169
Appeals Mailing Address: Unemployment Insurance Agency, P.O. Box 124, Grand Rapids, MI 49501-0124