Unemployed? We want to help.Get Started
Work Search Requirements
Mississippi Work Registration Program
The Mississippi work registration program is set up by visiting a local WIN Job Center. They can help you with work registration by helping you apply through the MDES website, which allows you to track your job search. Work registration is required for people to receive unemployment benefits in Mississippi.
You must make at least three employer contacts each week to meet your work search requirements for unemployment benefits. Of those contacts, you must do at least one application. Contact information should include:
- Company name
- Contact information
- Date contacted
- Name and phone number of the person you met
- Address if you visited in person or email if you applied online
Once you have three contacts, it's best to login to your unemployment account the next week (while during your weekly claims) and enter their information. Beyond this benefit, registering for work will also allow you to create a personal resume which can be searched online by potential employers.
You can use the job search engine to find and apply to various jobs near you. This helps streamline the process and make it easier for you to get the job you want. It also guarantees more success with your weekly claim.
Unemployed? We want to help.
What You Need for Work Registration
When you initially register for work at your local WIN Job Center, to meet your work registration requirements, you must provide the kind of information that is typical of a resume. For example, you'll need:
- Name and personal contact information
- Current and permanent address
- Job information (including all employers you think increase your chance at finding a position)
- Education history (including high school, undergraduate, and postgraduate degrees you have obtained)
- Special training (such as welding certificates or transportation licenses)
- Contact information for personal references