North Carolina Unemployment
Unemployed? We want to help.Get Started
Work Search Requirements
North Carolina Work Registration Program
To meet your job search requirement for unemployment in North Carolina, you must register to work on NC Works. This website includes a wide range of benefits, including allowing you to upload a resume that potential employers can review to see if you meet their job posting qualifications.
You can also track your job search and look for employment throughout the state. Registering for a NC Works profile is relatively easy, and it can help make your job hunt more successful and efficient.
NOTE: In order to qualify for unemployment compensation in North Carolina you are required to log your weekly job search (minimum of five new contacts per week) in NC Works..
Unemployed? We want to help.
What You Need for Work Registration
When you sign up for various jobs on NC Works, you need personal information, such as work history, educational information, licenses earned, digital photos of yourself, Social Security Number, and any certifications you may have earned.
When you are searching for work contacts, you need the following information to gauge the validity of your contact:
- Name of employer
- Title of the job
- Contact information for the site (including e-mail address, telephone number, etc.)
- Date contact was submitted
- Person whom you talked to regarding the position
Valid contacts include:
- Sending a message to an employer's e-mail or fax
- Submitting a job application in person or online
- Having a conversation with the employer via telephone
- Meeting in person
- An interview
- An application submitted through NC Works
- Job fairs
- Contact with a union agent