Unemployed? We want to help.Get Started
Work Search Requirements
Oklahoma Work Registration Program
You must meet unemployment work search requirements for each week you collect benefits. Oklahoma work search requirements stipulate that you must:
- Contact a minimum of two different employers every week
- Talk to a person with hiring authority when making phone calls and submitting in-person applications
- Apply for jobs which you are willing and qualified to perform
- Keep a detailed log of your work search contacts, including employer name, telephone number, address, name of the manager or supervisor you spoke with, type of job, method of contact, and the result of your contact
- Contact your local union hiring hall once a week if you belong to a union
You cannot contact the same employer more than once during a four week period. You may be selected for a work search audit, so be sure to keep your work search log complete and up to date.
Oklahoma unemployment insurance claims are screened to help determine which applicants may need reemployment services to help them find suitable work. If you are selected to attend a reemployment program, you must participate in the program as instructed, or you will lose your benefits. If you cannot attend on the scheduled date, call your local Workforce Oklahoma Center to reschedule.
Unemployed? We want to help.
What You Need for Work Registration
To meet work search requirements, help with your job search, and provide proof that you are actively looking for work, you must register for work with Oklahoma Works employment services within seven days of filing your unemployment insurance claim. To register online, go to https://okjobmatch.com/ada/r/. You will be asked to provide your social security number. You have the option to decline, but if you do, your benefits may be affected. To register, you will have to provide your name, mailing address, email address, and date of birth. Enter the number of weeks of your unemployment, and select your UI claimant status. You can also register at a Workforce Oklahoma Service Center, where you can get help filing a claim or use a computer with internet access free of charge. Find your local unemployment service center here.
Once you sign up, you can use your work registration to create and post resumes, perform advanced job searches, save and print your job searches, get job alerts by text or email, and use the computers as well as get help at Workforce Oklahoma Centers.