JCPenney Jobs and Careers
General Business Activities
Based in Plano, Texas, JCPenney is one of America’s largest fashion and home furnishings retailers. They have approximately 1,020 stores, and employ over 110,000 people. The company was founded by James Cash Penney, who opened his first store in 1902. Today, JCPenney stores are generally based in malls, with some free standing stores.
JCPenney has a wide range of exclusive brands, including Linden Street Big Mac work clothes. They also trade online, having launched their online store in 1988.
A variety of JCPenney jobs are available both in retail and corporate.
Awards and Recognition
JCPenney has won several awards, including:
- Named One of America's Best Employers for 2015
- Earns Good Housekeeping Seal for over 75 Home Products in 2015
- Included in Victory Media's 2014 Military Friendly Employer List
Vision and Values
Founder James Cash Penney’s ‘golden rule’ was, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” Today this founding principle is reflected in JCPenney’s core values. These are:
- To serve the public, as nearly as we can, to its complete satisfaction.
- To expect for the service we render a fair remuneration and not all the profit the traffic will bear.
- To do all in our power to pack the customer’s dollar full of value, quality, and satisfaction.
- To continue to train ourselves and our associates so that the service we give will be more and more intelligently performed.
- To improve constantly the human factor in our business.
- To reward men and women in our organization through participation in what the business produces.
- To test our every policy, method, and act in this wise: Does it square with what is right and just?
JCPenney offers various employee benefits. These include medical, dental and vision insurance, life term insurance, paid vacation, 401K savings plans with company matching, store discounts, fitness centres and onsite childcare.
Here are JCPenney jobs in retail and corporate roles.
- Sales Associates help customers select products that are right for them. They have expert knowledge of the brands their department sells, and are also responsible for maintaining displays. Hourly rates start at around $9.
- Department Supervisors oversee individual departments and their staff, making sure that their customers have an amazing shopping experience. They earn around $15 per hour.
- Sales Managers oversee teams of sales associates. They are responsible for making sure their team hits departmental targets and provides a great shopping experience to customers. They make around $52,000 per year.
- Customer Service Representatives answer queries, process returns, and make sure that customer needs are met. They make around $10 per hour.
- Senior Software Engineers develop software for JCPenney, including web and mobile applications, They work alongside UI designers, engineers and product managers to provide in house software solutions. They earn around $117,000 per year.
- Senior Managers work in various different parts of the corporation, where they are responsible for leading teams of people working on different projects. They earn an average salary of $110,000 per year.
- Senior Project Managers oversee a variety of different in-house projects. They manage project roadmaps, coordinate teams, and generally oversee every stage of their projects. Annual salaries are around $103,000.
By Staff Writer, SimplyJobs