JP Morgan Chase Jobs and Careers
General Business Activities
JP Morgan Chase is the USA’s largest bank, employing over 63,000 people. The firm’s earliest predecessor was first chartered in 1799 in New York City, and it is now a major heritage firm comprising more than 1,200 predecessor institutions. These include JP Morgan, Chase Manhattan, FIrst Chicago, the National Bank of Detroit and many others.
JP Morgan Chase offer a wide array of financial and banking services for consumer and commercial customers, serving millions of customers every day. The four main areas they cover are Asset Management, Commercial Banking, Corporate & Investment Banking, and Consumer & Community Banking. They offer a wide range of careers, both retail and corporate.
Awards and Recognition
In 2015, JP Morgan Chase received both the Best Private Banking Services Overall Globally and Best Private Bank For Ultra High Net Worth awards from Euromoney, among other accolades.
Other awards include being named as one of the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by Diversity Inc from 2001-2010, as one of the Top 100 Companies for Working Parents by Working Mother Magazine in 2006-2009, and receiving a 100% rating on the Corporate Equality Index.
Vision and Values
JP Morgan Chase is dedicated to being there for clients and communities in both good times and bad, building a company that all employees can be proud of. Their corporate culture is defined by their Business Principles, Code of Ethics for Finance Professionals and their Code of Conduct, which provides employees with a set of standards to attain and be held accountable to. In recent years they have focussed on enhancing their ethical standards.
JP Morgan Chase’s business principles focus on operational excellence, exceptional client services, a commitment to responsibility, integrity and fairness and providing a culture built on loyalty and teamwork.
JP Morgan Chase provides employees with many opportunities for career advancement, with training, tools, and resources designed to help team members excel in their field and fulfil their potential. Individuals can receive detailed career road maps with support, feedback and mentoring from managers and colleagues. Internal mobility is available to employees seeking different regional and functional career experiences, and the JP Morgan Tuition Assistance program enables employees to partake in external career training.
JP Morgan Chase is committed to rewarding its staff for their efforts and achievements, and offers substantial benefits packages to full time employees. These include comprehensive health benefits, including medical, vision and dental insurance plans, disability, life and accident insurance and group legal services. JP Morgan Chase also offers retirement, 401K and employee stock purchase plans and wellness programmes. Also available are maternity and paternity leave, flexible working, employee network programs, volunteering opportunities, grants and tuition assistance and more.
- Bank tellers - assist business and personal banking customers with transactions. Tellers earn around $12 per hour.
- Personal Bankers - advise customers on different financial products, making sure that they find the best ways to save, invest and manage their money. Salaries range from $30K-$40K.
- Branch Managers - oversee a JP Morgan Chase branch, managing staff and daily reporting and implementing processes and procedures. They earn around $65K.
- Investment Banking Associates - develop strategic relations with clients, execute live transactions across various industry sectors, assist investment banking clients and coordinate the bank’s resources on behalf of the client.
- Business Analysts - analyze data, processes and systems, promote technological advancement, create IT documentation and work to ensure that all processes align with data secrecy laws. Salaries are around $70K-$80K.
- Project Managers - work with technical teams to develop software, define IT processes, assist with new initiatives and manage various projects. They earn around $100K.
By Staff Writer, SimplyJobs