Wendy’s Jobs and Careers
General Business Activities
Wendy’s is the world’s third largest hamburger fast food chain, after McDonald’s and Burger King. It was founded in 1969 in Columbus, Ohio by Dave Thomas, and now boasts over 6,500 restaurant outlets worldwide, both company and franchise, employing over 37,000 people. Roughly 85% of North American Wendy’s restaurants are run as franchises.
Wendy’s serves a fast food menu of hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, fries and hot and cold beverages. In 1989 they introduced their Super Value Menu, and in 1995 they merged with Canadian restaurant chain Tim Hortons. More recently Wendy’s has promoted healthier choices with a Combo Choices menu, removing trans fats from cooking oil in 2006, and introducing more Wendy’s salads in 2010.
Awards and Recognition
Wendy’s has won recognition for their commitment to environmental sustainability, and holds a US Green Building Council Leed® Certification. In 2012 they won two industry awards for product innovation; the COEX National Culinary/ Operations Innovation Award from the IMFA for Dave’s Hot ‘N Juicy Cheeseburgers, and the MenuMasters Award for Menu/Line Extension for The W Cheeseburger.
Vision and Values
Wendy’s stands for fresh, honest food of high quality prepared when you order it. They are committed to not cutting corners and making both staff and customers feel that they are part of Wendy’s. In 1990 they accepted adoption as their corporate national cause, forming the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption in 1992, and since then have helped over 4,000 children in foster care to find homes.
Wendy’s prides itself on providing career advancement opportunities for its employees, with 80% of shift supervisors promoted from crew positions, and 75% of Managers and 95% of Directors hired internally. Those who start as crew members have many chances to work their way up the Wendy’s employment ladder. Staff are able to gain experience in multiple roles, learning the business from the bottom up and understanding it from a first hand perspective.
Wendy’s provides full time employees a range of benefits, which are subject to eligibility and location. These include comprehensive health insurance, optional vision and dental cover, disability and life insurance, paid vacations, service recognition and meal discounts. Family oriented benefits include adoption assistance, paid personal time and optional supplemental life insurance for family members.
- Crew Members - greet customers, take orders and make and serve food and beverages. Wages start at around $8 per hour.
- Shift Supervisors - ensure the smooth running of each shift, creating rotas, managing staff and making sure that every customer has a great Wendy’s experience. Their wages start at around $10 per hour.
- General Manager - manage one of Wendy’s many restaurants, overseeing staff, inventory and ordering, and implementing new ideas and promotions. Saleres average at around $46K.
- Marketing Managers - oversee marketing initiatives, working with analysts and project managers to implement new initiatives to drive sales.
- District Managers - oversee operations over a whole district, overseeing general managers and their staff, audits, and sales data..
- Analysts - provide insight and analysis on marketing, sales and various initiatives to increase sales and profitability.
Posted in Companies and Jobs on Sep 28, 2016
By Admin Adminson, SimplyJobs