Walmart Retail and Corportate Jobs and Careers
General Business Activities
Founded by Sam Walton in 1962, Walmart has over 11,000 stores in 28 different countries, operating under 45 different names. As the largest company in the world by revenue, Walmart employs over two million people worldwide, with over 1.4 million employees in the United States alone. Their original store opened in Rogers, Arkansas in 1962.
Walmart offers a wide range of careers, both retail and corporate, in locations all over the US.
Walmart caters to more than 245 million global customers a week, selling a large variety of merchandise, including groceries and household items, white goods, home and garden products, clothing and much more.
Awards and Recognition
Walmart has won a variety of awards for diversity and inclusion , a Horizon Interactive Award for Excellence in Global eLearning, a Euronet award for Best Cash Innovation in 2015 and many others.
Vision and Values
Walmart’s simple mission is to ‘save people money so they can live better.’ The corporate culture includes an open door policy for staff and a ‘Sundown Rule’ that aims to answer all customer, supplier and employee questions before the end of the day. Grassroots innovation from all staff is encouraged, and employees are asked to greet and offer to help any customer that comes within ten feet of them.
Walmart offers integral, ongoing training to all employees, which includes leadership courses, mentoring and employee research groups. A management training program offers managers the chance to advance through the company, and associates can join the Lifelong Learning Programme, allowing them to receive college credit for formal training and work experience. Walmart’s proactive approach to training means that those who want to enhance and progress their careers have the tools to do so.
Walmart has an extensive benefits system. This includes health, vision and dental plans, life, critical illness and disability insurance, 401K contribution matching, exclusive discounts, store discounts and more. They also have an Associate Stock Purchase Plan and free access to nurses and healthcare advisers.
- Cashiers - process customer transactions and offer a high quality service to Walmart’s many customers. Hourly rates range from $7-$13.
- Restaurant Cooks - prepare a range of sweet and savoury meals and snacks for Walmart customers, and earn between $8 and $13 per hour.
- Customer Service Managers - support cashier staff by providing change and preparing registers, train employees, perform audits and provide customer service. Hourly rates range from $9-$15.
- Deli Clerks - serve hot and cold deli items to customers, advise customers on purchases, offer samples and promote special offers. They earn $7-$13 per hour.
- Pharmacists - fill prescriptions, advise customers on medication and help them select appropriate products in Walmart’s in-store pharmacies. Hourly rates range from $53 to $64 per hour.
- Photo Technicians - process film, negatives and digital prints in Walmart photo labs. They earn between $8 and $15 per hour.
- Marketing Managers - oversee a variety of marketing projects, interfacing with suppliers, analysts and project managers. They earn around $110K annually.
- District Managers - oversee multiple store management teams, ensuring that business initiatives fit with Walmart’s corporate plan and providing support and training to management. Annual salaries average around $105K.
- Database Administrators - manage Walmart’s database and web infrastructure, implementing new products and applications and ensuring that all systems under their management, function effectively. They earn around $100K annually.
Posted in Companies and Jobs on Sep 29, 2016
By Admin Adminson, SimplyJobs