Target Retail and Corporate Jobs
General Business Activities
Based in Minneapolis, the official Target Corporation was founded in 1962, and has since grown to become the US’s second largest discount retailer and one of America’s best known retailers. Their general stores stock a large variety of merchandise, and they offer an even greater selection through their online store, Target.com, which is ranked as one of the most popular online retailers. Target is split into two main sections - retail and credit card, with the credit card segment providing the Target Visa and Target Credit Card to qualifying customers.
With almost 350,000 employees worldwide, Target Corporation offers a wide range of both retail and corporate careers.
Awards and Recognition
Target has received an impressive number of awards and accolades, and recently received a score of 100% on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index. They have also been ranked 48th in Fortune Magazine’s list of World’s Most Admired Companies, and regularly do well in corporate ‘Top 50’ lists. They have also received recognition for their green policies.
Vision and Values
Target’s culture is based around teamwork, collaboration and fun, and aims to make sure that every customer has the best shopping experience possible. Staff are encouraged to share ideas and innovate, and are expected to deliver outstanding guest experiences by delivering on Target’s ‘Expect more, pay less’ promise and making sure that their retail stores are the preferred retail outlet across the board.
Target is committed to ethical business practices, community outreach and environmental responsibility, and gives away 5% of its income through grants, community programs and other contributions.
As well as offering a variety of different careers and training opportunities, Target offers team members the chance to grow and advance their career during their time with the company. Target employees are encouraged to move up the careers ladder and learn new skills, with regular opportunities for promotion or sideways career movements.
Target offer a range of benefits, with eligibility for these depending on hours worked, employment length, and store location. These include medical and dental care, prescription drug coverage, programs that encourage healthy lifestyles, educational resources, maternity support and even a tobacco cessation program.
- Store Team Leaders - manage Target’s in store teams, helping them to provide excellent customer service, assist customers with their purchases and advise on products and services. Hourly compensation can range from $10-$20 per hour.
- Warehouse Workers - manage stock and inventory, making sure that Target stays well stocked at all times. They make between $9 and $21 per hour.
- Cashiers - ring up customer purchases, provide customer service and interact with Target’s many shoppers. They make between $8-$10 per hour.
Corporate and Specialist Employees
- Buyers - seek out the best goods available, interpreting trends and seeking out diverse styles and lines to offer their customers. They earn $69K-$130K annually.
- Human Resources Specialists - help to oversee the human side of Target, creating an environment designed to help team members thrive and grow. Annual salaries range from $40K-$65K.
- Nurse Practitioners - work in Target’s many health clinics, offering no-appointment care and onsite pharmacy services to thousands of patients. Annual salaries average around $105K.
- Marketing Project Managers - work on projects that drive brand awareness and sales, constantly advancing Target’s image and communicating new products and services to customers. Salaries average around $74K per year.
By Staff Writer, SimplyJobs