PetSmart Retail and Corporate Jobs
General Business Activities
PetSmart is a solutions oriented pet supply company selling pet supplies and speciality pet services in over 1,400 locations. Founded in 1986 as PetFood Warehouse, PetSmart rebranded in 2005 and expanded its business to include services like dog training, pet grooming, daycare and kenneling facilities. Since then it has grown to become the US’s largest specialty pet retailer. They have a wide range of their own brand pet products for dogs, cats, horses, fish, birds and small animals.
PetSmart employs around 53,000 people in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico, with over 200 PetSmart PetsHotels for dogs and cats located within their stores. These also offer daycare services and veterinary care, employing over 1,000 veterinarians.
As well as supplying pet owners with pet food, accessories and other products, PetSmart also offers an in-store adoption service. In 1994 they founded PetSmart Charities, which is dedicated to rehoming homeless pets rather than euthanizing them.
In 2014, PetSmart was acquired by BC Partners.
PetSmart Charities is dedicated to providing grants and awards to thousands of American and Canadian welfare organizations, helping them to further their own individual animal welfare causes. PetSmart works with a variety of animal welfare agencies to promote the adoption of homeless pets, support spaying and neutering programs and provide emergency relief funding for the animal victims of disasters. They also support the Banfield Charitable Trust, which helps people who are struggling with the costs of veterinary care.
Vision and Values
PetSmart’s mission statement is to acknowledge that each transaction involves two PetSmart customers - the pet and their owner, and both deserve outstanding service. They aim to provide lifetime care for every pet and their owner with a wide range of products and solutions.
PetSmart offers a variety of training and development programs to employees hoping to further their careers. These include cross-disciplinary internships, eLearning, and external training courses. PetSmart promises to help their staff reach their full potential within the company, offering career advancing opportunities and development.
Benefits packages for full time associates include dental, vision and medical care, life insurance and AD&D, 401K plans, discounts and Employee Stock Purchase plans, among others. Tuition assistance and paid time off are also available.
- Cashiers - ring up customer purchases, offer advice on extra services and promote PetSmart’s customer mission statement. They can expect to earn between $15-$21 per hour.
- Dog Bathers - groom and bathe customer’s pets in PetSmart’s many grooming centres. They trim nails and clean ears, making sure each animal customer and their owner are well looked after. They earn approximately $16-$21 per hour.
- Retail Store Managers - oversee the running of a PetSmart store, managing every aspect of the store from staffing to seasonal displays and ensuring that their store meets with PetSmart standards. Annual salaries range from $26K-$74K
- Web Designers - meet marketing objectives by designing and implementing new web pages, managing web related projects and applying new technologies to PetSmart’s web network.
- Merchandising Coordinators - set and implement marketing strategies to increase PetSmart’s market share and revenue, assisting buyers in purchasing products and developing line plans.
- Call Center Supervisors - lead teams of Call Center Agents, helping them provide excellent service to PetSmart customers. They foster accountability and suggest solutions to enhance customer experiences.
- District Managers - are responsible for multiple Store Management teams, providing management support and training and ensuring business initiatives align with PetSmart’s vision.
By Staff Writer, SimplyJobs